Thursday 9 October 2014

Work Experience!



Hi!

If you didnt already know, Every Wednesday we TY's go on a Work Experience Placement. This is to help us gain an insight into our chosen profession, we each get three slots. For my first slot I am going to a Primary school in Milicent called Hewetson and for my second slot I am going to my old playschool 'La Petit Ecole', I havn't sorted my third slot yet.



So far, I have spent three Wednesdays in Hewetson. On the first Wednesday of my work experience I was quite nervous entering the school as I had never been in the school before and I didnt know what kind of duties I would be expected to preform. Luckily enough the biggest "duty" I was given was laminating. When I entered the school Ms Morgan the principle greeted me, she was extremly friendly and welcoming which calmed my nerves alot. Hewetson is an amazing school its numbers are small which means each class is split, for example there is a Junior and senior class, a first and second class, a third and fourth class and lastly a fifth class. There are fifteen students altogether in Juniors and Seniors, which I think is lovely as
each child recieves lots of individual attention.

I have been given the oppertunity to spend time in every class which gives me a great understanding of each class cirriculum. The teachers and students are as kind and friendly as ever, At luch time I usually go on 'Yard Duty' which gives me an excellent oppertunity to meet the students and get to know them better. In Hewetson I have been able to observe different class groups and I have also been able to actually teach a few students at the back of the classroom who find certain topics especially diffucult. Last Wednesday I helped two students from third class to diferentiate between which, witch, white and with also come, comb, cob and there, their, they're ect. I absolutly loved this oppertunity to be able to teach the students....I also loved being called 'teacher'

Each Wednesday so far has been brilliant! I really think I would love to be a primary school teacher when I am older. I cant wait for next Wedneday!




   < future me ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment